This is a fast and easy dinner to make in the middle of the school week. I usually use any leftover meat I have on hand. This week I had extra taco meat in the fridge and used it to make this kid-friendly dinner. I think my favorite filling to use is leftover brisket! These are also freezer friendly. You can make large batches ahead of time and freeze up to 3 months. Enjoy!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 1 pre-made pie crust, rolled out
- 2 cups pre-made taco meat (for filling)
- 1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese (for filling)
- 1 Egg Beaten (for egg wash)
- Heat oven to 450°F. .
- Roll out pie dough and cut into circles. (I used a hamburger press to make my circles)
- Drop a spoonful of taco meat and a sprinkle of cheese lined down the center of the circle
- Fold over the dough and crimp the edges with a fork
- Brush Egg wash on top of dough
- Place empanadas on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10 minutes