Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1 Medium Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup of Water
- 2 Beef Bullion Cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 oz Thinly Sliced Roast Beef lunch meat
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 Hoagie Buns, cut a slit in the center
- Heat oven to 500°F. Heat 12-inch skillet over high heat and spray with cooking spray. Sautee onion and bell pepper in skillet. Cook 11 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently until onion is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat water to boiling and add beef bullion cubes. Stir until dissolved.
- Add roast beef to the skillet along with herbs. Sautee for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Add 1/4 cup of the beef broth and cook until bubbly. Remove from Heat.
- Place buns, cut sides up, on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Place beef, onion, bell pepper inside the slits of the buns. Top with Cheese; toast for another 2 minutes until cheese melts. Serve with warm broth for dipping.