I found this cereal cookie recipe on the back of the Millville Crispy Oats box and thought I’d try it out for a breakfast option for our family. I changed it up a little to make it no sugar and a little bit healthier. They are mobile and easily eaten in the car. (Hardly any crumbs unless you smash them in your fingers like my 3 year old did.) The kids gave an enthusiastic thumbs up!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crispy oats cereal
- ¼ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter, oil, and honey.
- Add egg, applesauce, mashed banana, and vanilla and beat for an additional 30 seconds.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients and blend until just combined.
- Fold in the crispy oats cereal, raisins, and nuts.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a ¼ cup measure to scoop out dough and drop on cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, until they smell good but are still slightly soft.