Zucchini Breakfast Cookie Bars
These are easy to make, portable, and low mess. They are a healthy, low sugar breakfast option for our busy schedule. This recipe can also be made with gluten free oats.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
- 4 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flax seed meal.
- Add shredded zucchini into bowl. (I shredded mine in my Ninja Food Processor)
- In food processor, add oil, milk, honey, egg, banana, and vanilla in food processor and pulse until blended.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to oats/zucchini and blend until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Transfer mixture into baking dish and press down with a wooden spoon very well.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into squares. These keep best in the refrigerator.