There are several recipes for this dessert out there. I took bits and pieces from a few different ones and made up my own. This is one recipe that uses the fewest ingredients and is the easiest to make. But the taste is out of this world!
One of my official taste testers said:
“If you’ve been missing your Bluebell, this dessert may satisfy your cravings. ”
Prep time: 10 mins + 4-5 hours in freezer
Decorating time: 10 mins
- 1 Pre-Made Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 can of crushed pineapple (8 oz), in juice
- 1½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 1 container of frozen whipped topping (12 oz)
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Chocolate syrup (in the squeeze bottle)
- Caramel Syrup (in the squeeze bottle)
- ½ cup nuts
- In a medium bowl, put your sliced bananas and cover with a little pinapple juice drained off the top of the crushed pineapple. (this will help keep them from browning)
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1/2 cup whipped topping, and 1/2 cup crushed pineapple.
- Remove sliced bananas from juice and arrange them on the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
- Slowly pour cream cheese mixture over the top of the bananas.
- Cover with lid, and put cheesecake in the freezer for 4-5 hours.
- Pull out the maraschino cherries from the juice, and put them on a papertowel to drain. (I find that this helps keep the juice from running into the whipped topping/makes your dessert look prettier)
- Pour the rest of the drained crushed pineapple on to the middle of the cheesecake
- Spread the rest of the whipped topping on the top of the cheesecake like icing.
- Drizzle chocolate and caramel syrups on top
- Assemble the cherries in the center and top with nuts.