One thing I absolutely hate is to let anything go to waste. I was in a bit of a conundrum on what to do with the rest of the pumpkin puree I had leftover after making my favorite Pumpkin Spice Creamer. So I decided to whip up a small batch of pumpkin butter to top my biscuits. I have to say, this was a big hit! I’m quite pleased with how this recipe turned out and I hope you enjoy as well.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (or 1/2 cup less of a 16 oz can of pumpkin)
- 1/2 Juice Box of Apple Juice
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Clove
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon or orange juice
- Add all ingredients in a pot and give it a stir.
- Heat on medium to a low boil, when you see a few bubbles pop thru the pumpkin
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes
- Stir in your lemon or orange juice
- Once cool, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.