Honey Oat Breakfast Bars
These are easy to make, portable, and low mess. They are a healthy, low sugar breakfast option for our busy schedule. This recipe can also be made with gluten free oats.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Nuts, rough chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips, semi-sweet
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter (or any nut/seed butter such as almond butter or sunflower seed butter)
- 3/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Flax Seed Meal (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix with hands until combined.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Transfer mixture into baking dish and press down with a wooden spoon very well.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into squares. These keep best in the refrigerator.
Best eaten within 7 days