Oven “Fried” Chicken & Waffles
Oven Fried Chicken
This is one of the easiest ways to make moist, tender chicken without all of the greasy mess.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 17 mins
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Split Breasts of Chicken, Sliced in 1/2 and cut into strips (I get about 4 from each breast)
- 8 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Red Pepper (seasoning)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic & Herb
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Savory
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Gallon Ziplock Bag
- Preheat oven to 400F. While the oven is preheating, put 4TB the butter in a 9×12 glass baking dish and put in the oven to melt. Repeat the same for another glass baking dish as you’ll need 2.
- Pour flour and seasonings into a ziplock bag and shake until combined. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- When oven is pre-heated, place chicken in buttered up baking dishes. Make sure there is a space between each strip.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Use tongs to flip the chicken strips over.
- Bake for another 7 minutes until done.
- Remove to a plate lined with papertowels to soak up any grease. Best served immediately
This is a savory version of waffles that pairs well with Fried Chicken.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 4-5 mins per waffle
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic & Herb seasoning
- 1 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 3 large eggs (room temp)
- 1/3 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat Waffle Iron on medium/high setting
- Pour milk into a glass measuring cup and top off with vinegar-makes 2 cups. Set aside at room temp
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and seasonings. Make a well in the center of the bowl and set Aside
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, and buttermilk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the well you made in the flour bowl. Stir until just combined/batter will appear a little lumpy
- Fold in bacon, onions, and cheese.
- Pour about a cup of batter into the waffle maker and cook until brown and slightly crispy. (mine took about 5 minutes)
Suggested Meal-Fried Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches
Using your Waffles as the sandwich “bread”, top with chicken, tomato, lettuce, avocado, 2 slices of bacon and serve with honey mustard dipping sauce. Optional: Top your sandwich with a fried egg ❤