Prep time: 5 mins, plus 5 hours to refrigerate marinade
Cook time: 10-15 mins on the grill
Total time: 20 mins
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/3 Cup Wine (or chicken broth)
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 pound chicken thighs (I used boneless/skinless)
- Put all marinade ingredients and meat in a large ziplock bag and refrigerate for 5 hours.
- 1 Onion, sliced thick
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced thick
- 1 Pineapple, Skin/middle removed & cut into thick chunks. (Reserve 1/2 pineapple for Pineapple Upside Down Cake)
- 1 wooden skewer
- Slice the onion and bell pepper, pineapple in thick slices. Assemble onto wooden skewer.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Drain and discard marinade from Chicken.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through. About 7 minutes each side. Set aside and let rest about 5 minutes before serving.
- Grill the vegetables/fruit until tender, turning frequently, about 10 minutes
- Serve Chicken over Coconut Rice with Grilled Kabobs