When the leaves are changing colors and you feel the wind whip through your hair and nip your nose, nothing warms your soul like a hearty bowl of chowder. This soup is easy to prep and can be thrown into the crockpot to slowly cook while you laze the day away reading your favorite books.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 6-7 hours on low (or on high for 4 hours)
- 3 pounds Golden Yukon potatoes cubed
- 1 quart chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of garlic, minced
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
Optional Toppings: sour cream, bacon, chives, croutons
- Cut your potatoes into cubes.
- In a large sauce pan, sautee onion in the butter. (about 4-5 minutes until tender)
- Add garlic to onions and cook for another minute or 2 until golden brown.
- Add veggies, chicken broth, and seasonings into crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- When done (potatoes should be tender), mash potatoes for a creamy texture. Stir in heavy cream & cheese
- Add your selected toppings and enjoy!