Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Decorate Time 10 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 3 c. flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 1/4 c. oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
Frosting and Garnish
- 6 slices cooked bacon for garnish
- 2 sticks of butter
- 3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine beaten egg, milk, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins, filling each tin 1/2 full. (they will rise/peak)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool to room temp before frosting.
- Put the butter in your stand mixer with whisk attachment and whip for 30 seconds.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, scraping sides between each addition and whip until incorporated. Increase speed from Medium to High
- Add the syrup and whip for another 30 seconds on high. Frosting should be light and fluffy
- Chill frosting in the refrigerator for 5 minutes before frosting muffins.
- Garnish with Bacon pieces