- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Drain & rinse the jackfruit. In a bowl combine 1 teaspoon soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, liquid smoke & olive oil. Add Jackfruit to the bowl and toss until coated. Place Jackfruit on top of a baking pan and spread it evenly throughout. (Try for a thin layer so it gets a little crispy in the oven) Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, the 1/4 cup sugar, and the salt; stir until sugar dissolves. Add carrots & cucumber; toss well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl combine mayonnaise, Asian chili sauce,1 teaspoon soy sauce, and the 1/8 teaspoon sugar.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on bread. Place baguette halves, cut sides up, on rack in oven; bake about 5 minutes or just until warm and lightly crisped.
- Once Jackfruit is done, shred with 2 forks and set aside for assembly. Spread mayonnaise mixture over both sides of toasted baguette. Arrange Jackfruit on baguette halves. Drain carrots & cucumbers, pressing to drain off excess liquid; arrange over Jackfruit. Top with sliced jalapeno. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves. Cut into desired portions.