These easy, no bake cookies are a healthy way to start your day right with a punch of energy. They are refined sugar free, low mess, and high protein.
4 cups gluten free rolled oats
2 tsp cinnamon
pinch sea salt
1 scoop protein powder (optional)
1 cup smooth nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter)
1 cup honey (can sub for brown rice syrup/agave/maple syrup)
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chia seeds
1-2 T unsweetened coconut flakes
Did you know that the French dish of Coq Au Vin is traditionally made with rooster meat? Now I don’t know about you, but that’s not usually sold in my local grocery store. Besides, I’m not too much into eating that kind of tough, old bird. So using ingredients that are readily available to me (and chicken thighs fit in my budget), I’ve put my own sassy spin on this classic dish. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
Bacon, 5-6 slices
4-5 Chicken thighs (bone in, skin on)
2 Tablespoons of butter or olive oil
1/2 Cup of Flour
1/2 Onion, chopped
1/2 Cups of Mushrooms, chopped
4 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup Tomato Paste
1 Cup of Wine
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 Cup of Heavy Cream
1-2 Tablespoons of parsley (fresh chopped is best)
3 Cups of Hot Cooked Rice
- Cook the bacon in large skillet. when done, set bacon aside to rest on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Add the chicken thighs to the large skillet with bacon fat and cover with flour. Allow the meat to brown (about 7-10 minutes each side) Sometimes the flour will stick to the bottom of the pan and that’s ok. Use your spoon to occasionally scrape the flour bits and move the meat around until browned. Add butter or olive oil as needed
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare rice according to directions.
- Add the onion and mushrooms and sautee veggies until soft. (about 5 minutes)
- Add minced garlic and sautee another minute until garlic is golden brown.
- Add the chicken broth, wine, and tomato paste, salt & pepper. Stir & bring to a boil.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes
- Pour heavy cream over top of chicken and stir gently to mix in with the rest of the sauce. Cook for another 5 minutes uncovered.
- Serve Chicken over hot, cooked rice. Drizzle with wine sauce. Garnish with bacon crumbles and parsley.