Kitchen Tools: Food Processor
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 20 dates
- 2 Tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 4 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup peanut butter or seed butter
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1 cup jam of choice, warmed ( I used Simply Fruit Seedless Strawberry Spread)
- Put the oats, dates and cinnamon into a food processor. Process until dough forms.
- Press dough into a parchment lined 9 inch brownie pan. Place in the fridge.
- Sift the coconut flour and protein powder together.
- Add the peanut butter and almond milk to the flour mixture and blend until fluffy and smooth. Smooth peanut butter layer over crust. Place bars in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once the peanut butter layer is semi-firm, top with warmed jam. Place bars back in the freezer to firm up.
- Once firm, cut into 12 bars. Bars can be stored in the fridge up to 1 week.
Another Variation to try: Chocolate Protein Powder with Seedless Raspberry Jam
These easy, no bake cookies are a healthy way to start your day right with a punch of energy. They are refined sugar free, low mess, and high protein.
4 cups gluten free rolled oats
2 tsp cinnamon
pinch sea salt
1 scoop protein powder (optional)
1 cup smooth nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter)
1 cup honey (can sub for brown rice syrup/agave/maple syrup)
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chia seeds
1-2 T unsweetened coconut flakes
Greek Hummus Wraps
If you have been following along my monthly meal plan for September 2015, this next dish is on the schedule for Meatless Monday. It’s fast, easy, and perfect for a weeknight when you need to come up with something healthy in minutes.
Prep time: 5 mins
- 4-6 Flatbread
- 2 Cups Hummus
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, diced
- 4 leaves of Romain Lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 Cup Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 1/2 Cup of Feta or Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil & Vinegar Salad Dressing/or Greek dressing
- Fresh Avocado, Sliced or Guacamole (optional)
- using a butter knife, spread a thick layer of hummus on to the middle of the flat bread (leave about a 1 inch border around the edges)
- Top with veggies, olives, cheese, and salad dressing
- Roll up wraps like a burrito and cut in half
Serving Suggestion: For a sturdier wrap, toast the flat bread in a toaster oven for a couple of minutes before filling it up
with hummus and veggies.
There are several recipes for this dessert out there. I took bits and pieces from a few different ones and made up my own. This is one recipe that uses the fewest ingredients and is the easiest to make. But the taste is out of this world!
One of my official taste testers said:
“If you’ve been missing your Bluebell, this dessert may satisfy your cravings. ”
Prep time: 10 mins + 4-5 hours in freezer
Decorating time: 10 mins
- 1 Pre-Made Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 can of crushed pineapple (8 oz), in juice
- 1½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 1 container of frozen whipped topping (12 oz)
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Chocolate syrup (in the squeeze bottle)
- Caramel Syrup (in the squeeze bottle)
- ½ cup nuts