This is perfect recipe for a delicious brunch. This country vegetable quiche will fill you up and is a delicious dish to make and share with those you love. Because this quiche is plant-based, you will be able to satisfy your cravings for a yummy breakfast staple without all of the cholesterol. Enjoy!
NOTE: Tools I highly recommend to make this recipe easy-Food Processor
If you don’t have one, don’t panic. You’ll just need to cut up the veggie ingredients really fine. You can also use a hand mixer as an alternative tool to mix up the tofu.
1 pre-made pie crust
1 cup diced onion
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup shredded carrots
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1 block extra firm tofu cut into blocks
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp liquid smoke
1 Tbsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp nutmeg
up to 1/2 cup almond milk or cashew milk
1 cup cheddar shreds ( I used So Delicious brand)
1/2 cup smoked gouda (I used Follow Your Heart brand)
Pre-heat Oven to 450
- Lay pre-made crust in pie pan and prick holes in the center with a fork. Pinch the edges to make a pretty decoration. Bake for 8 minutes-set aside to cool.
- While the crust is baking, let’s get our veggies ready for our filling. In your food processor, shred up the onion, zucchini, & carrots.
- Add olive oil to pan. Sautee veggies for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook another minute-remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add tofu, nutritional yeast, liquid smoke, and all seasonings into food processor. Process until smooth. If needed, add up to a half cup of milk until all ingredients are incorporated. Scrape down the sides if needed and pulse until smooth. (In my ninja, I only had to use a 1/4 cup of milk)
- Pre-heat Oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl, add tofu, sauteed veggies, & both cheeses. Mix until all ingredients are blended together. Pour into pre-made pie crust shell. Protect your crust with a pie crust saver (or cover your outer crust with aluminum foil)
- Bake the quiche for 35 minutes. Once done, let cool on the counter for 20 minutes before serving. (The cooling will allow the quiche to firm up and prevent it falling apart when cutting slices to serve)